Groupon: Ireland Vacation with Airfare – Kilkenny, Limerick, Galway, and Dunboyne from $999 incl flights and hire car
8-Day Ireland Vacation with Airfare and Rental Car from Great Value Vacations. Price/Person Based on Double Occupancy.
This vacation takes you to Ireland, where you can cruise the rolling green countryside in a rental car. You’ll stop in four cities—Kilkenny, Limerick, Galway, and Dunboyne—to explore medieval castles or sip a frothy pint of Guinness at a centuries-old pub. This vacation includes:
- Round-trip airfare from New York City (JFK) or Chicago (ORD)
- 2 nights of standard accommodations in Kilkenny at Aspect Hotel Kilkenny
- 1 night of standard accommodations in Limerick at Limerick Strand Hotel
- 2 nights of standard accommodations with breakfast in Galway at Clayton Hotel
- 1 night of standard accommodations in Dunboyne at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa
- Manual-shift car rental for duration
After touching down in Ireland, you’ll spend 2 nights in Kilkenny. This hilly city along the River Nore is dotted with medieval cathedrals, abbeys, and castles. As you stroll the streets of downtown Kilkenny, the sounds of traditional Celtic fiddles and pennywhistles invite you to pull up wooden bar stools at pubs that date back several centuries.
- Kilkenny Castle: This 13th-century stone castle on the banks of the River Nore features stained-glass windows and carved stone tombstones.
- A bird’s-eye view: Climb to the top of the Round Tower at St. Canice’s Cathedral for great views of the city. The tower is the oldest standing structure in Kilkenny.
Driving time from Kilkenny to Limerick: about 1.5 hours
Next up is south-central Ireland’s Limerick, which was the setting for Frank McCourt’s Angela’s Ashes. The city is chock-full of historic sites: the 13th-century King John’s Castle is open to visitors, and the 12th-century St. Mary’s Cathedral still holds Mass. Bisected by the River Shannon, the city also features a scenic waterfront walkway.
- King John’s Castle: A medieval trebuchet, historical weapons, and 3D multimedia exhibits make this 13th-century castle a must-see. Cross the River Shannon to snap the best pics of the castle.
- Hunt Museum: Pore over the thousands of relics here to see a bronze statue by Leonardo da Vinci and ancient coins said to have been handled by Judas.
Driving time from Limerick to Galway: about 1.5 hours
It’s not uncommon to hear people conversing in traditional Gaelic in Galway. Often called Ireland’s “most Irish city,” Galway is a haven of Celtic culture and literature. The city gets a lot of rain—about 15 days every month—but there are plenty of indoor activities to keep you occupied (and dry) during your 2 nights there.
- The Spanish Arch on the River Corrib is a 16th-century remnant of Galway’s city walls. Here you’ll find Galway City Museum, a collection of old farming equipment, centuries-old maps, and stone carvings that chronicle the city’s rich history.
- Fish and chips is pretty much the signature dish in Galway. Locals recommend McDonagh’s, where you can also nosh on haggis and chips or Galway Bay oysters in a nautical-themed dining room decked out with ships’ ropes and wheels.
Driving time from Galway to Dunboyne: about 2.5 hours
Your final stop is Dunboyne, a medieval village on the outskirts of Dublin. After immersing yourself in the culture of Dunboyne and its surrounding hamlets, you can rest up in a luxury hotel that was once a castle.
- Brú na Bóinne is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Step into a passage tomb that was built from cairn stones several centuries before Stonehenge. Natural light only enters the structure during the winter solstice.
- Hill of Tara has been a sacred spot for Druids, Christians, and kings. Visit it today to see burial mounds from 5,000 years ago, and take in far-reaching views of the surrounding meadows.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. From what airport does the deal depart? How much does it cost to fly from a city that isn’t included in the deal options?
Call Great Value Vacations at 1-800-495-4903 for pricing from any airport that isn’t listed on the Groupon Getaways deal page.
2. Can we extend our trip before or after the promotional dates for the deal?
Yes, for an additional fee you can arrange for that over the phone when you redeem your vacation.
3. How do I find out if the dates I want to travel are available?
After your purchase, call Great Value Vacations at (800) 495-4903 for the most up-to-date availability.
4. What happens if I buy the Groupon and my travel dates are not available?
If Great Value Vacations is unable to book the stay you want during the available dates and before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase.
5. Does my child need a Groupon, and can they stay in my room?
All travelers age 2 and over are required to purchase a Groupon. Different occupancy arrangements can be requested with Great Value Vacations at the time of reservation.